1. What data do we collect?
Vevolution Education Limited collects the following data:
- Personal identification information you give us. When you use www.vevolution.com or any of its sub-domains (the “Website”) we may ask you to provide personal information including email address, first name, last name and phone number. As well as information about your organisation(s).
- Information we get from your use of our services. Vevolution Education Limited collects information about the services you use and how you use them, such as when you view and interact with the Website or our advertisements. In addition, we may gather certain information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website from which you accessed the Website.
- We may collect your Personal Data when you interact with our employees by email, on the phone or in person and we record those conversations, either because we are required to do so under regulation, or for training purposes so that we can improve our services.
- We may collect your payment information when you choose to subscribe to one of our paid subscriptions.
- Other users of our services may share information about you. For example news articles or podcasts you are featured in.
- Information from third parties or publicly available sources. We may also collect your Personal Data (such as contact information or purchasing habits) from third parties or publicly available sources.
2. How will we use your data?
Vevolution Education Limited collects your data so that we can:
- Create your account.
- Create your public profile.
- Create the public profile of your organisation(s) and the event(s) of your organisation(s).
- Make subscription payments.
- Keep track of what other users, organisations and events you are interested in.
- In the case of business owners or employees, who open an investment round on behalf of their organisation, to share this data with potential investors.
- In the case of investors, to share relevant investment rounds with you.
- Sign you up for Pitch + Plant.
- To provide you with customer service.
- Email you about updates on the Website.
3. How do we protect your data?
Vevolution Education Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Data. Vevolution Education Limited is a “data controller”, meaning that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your Personal Data. We will comply with data protection law, which says that Personal Data must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
4. Information that we share
Any Personal Data that we collect will not be disclosed to any third parties by Vevolution Education Limited and its affiliates, except under the following circumstances:
- When you sign up for one of our newsletters your email address and name will be shared with MailChimp. We use MailChimp to manage our newsletter subscribers.
- When you subscribe to one of our paid subscribers your payment information will be shared with our payment service provider Stripe.
- When you send an email to email@example.com your email address and the contents of your email will be shared with customer service software Freshdesk.
- When you send us an email, your email address and the contents of your email it will be processed by Google.
5. What are your data protection rights?
Vevolution Education Limited would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Vevolution Education Limited for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Vevolution Education Limited correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Vevolution Education Limited to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Vevolution Education Limited erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Vevolution Education Limited restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Vevolution Education Limited’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Vevolution Education Limited transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small files that reside on your computer’s hard drive that generally contain an anonymous unique identifier and are accessible only by the website that placed them there and not any other sites. Selected third parties providing services to us or advertising on the Website may also place, set and access cookies on your computer. We do not have access to these cookies and, other than allowing them to be served, we play no role in these cookies at all. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept cookies, but this can be altered. In addition, you may delete cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling or deleting cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the Website.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Temporarily store non-personal data to improve the speed and performance of our Website.
- Understanding how you use our website (analytics).
6.2 What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Vevolution Education Limited uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website, improve speed and performance of our Website and remember your previously selected preferences.
- Analytics – Vevolution Education Limited uses Google Analytics to anonymously track data about your usage of our Website.
7. Privacy policies of other websites
9. How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com